12.24.2011

No pants? No problem

The tagline of this blog is "How I learned to cut myself some slack." Here are some ways I'm doing just that this holiday season.

1. On Monday morning my size 4 jeans with a little stretch in them still fit. Hallelujah! On Tuesday they did not.

How I cut myself some slack:  Grandpa won't be the only one at the Christmas dinner table with his pants undone. Score one for pregnancy comfort. And belly bands.

2. Pregnancy hormones. They suck. They make me crazy. I'm not much of a crying gal and I do that on a pretty regular basis these days.

How I cut myself some slack: By realizing I get sympathy up the wazoo. "Do you need anything? A hug? Taco Bell? I can clean the kitchen?" I get my emotions out AND I get treated like a princess. Score.

3. Magic Man and I live on a pretty tight budget and I've gotten a little crazy about allowing myself to spend money on "stuff." I'll drop a few bucks for a cup of coffee or lunch with a friend but pay full price for, well, anything? Heck to the no.

How I cut myself some slack: I bought a belly band so I can walk around with my pants undone and not feel like a perv. I bought a body pillow so I stop waking up on my back in the middle of the night freaking out that blood is going to instantly stop going to my heart. And on Monday I'm going to drop the 30-40 bucks and buy myself a new, never worn, pair of maternity jeans.

4. Ever since I got married to Magic Man two and a half years ago I live a very self induced obligatory wife existence. I'm the wife so therefore i must work full time, clean daily, vacuum often, keep up the laundry, clean the kitchen, make dinner every night, etc. (FYI, Magic Man doesn't expect these things of me. He's great.) It was exhausting before I was pregnant. Now it makes me want to stay in bed all day.

How I cut myself some slack: "Honey, you're on your own for dinner. I'm having mashed potatoes for the 8th day in a row."
---

We're in a season of love and joy and grace and merriment. Remember that those are gifts to give yourself as well. Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment