I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday season! I spent most of Christmas with the stomach flu so I went from laying down at one home to laying down in another home and throwing up in undisclosed locations. Yesterday I started to feel human again and today I was able to return to work. I am so thankful for a job where I get to sit all day.
In going along with the title of today's post 'Wednesday Wonderment" here is a small list of thoughts and things that have amazed me about being pregnant.
1. My nails grow so fast! One day I'm normal. Next day I'm Wolverine.
2. I had an incorrect notion that maternity clothes were made to mask or cover up a pregnant belly. There is no reason for this thought other than ignorance. I was given a wonderful maternity sweater for Christmas and am amazed at just how... pregnant... I look in it.
3. Niblet can really move around! I started feeling Niblet move a few weeks ago. It was just a couple times a day if I was really paying attention but I don't need to wait for it any longer. I start feeling him in the morning and tell everyone he or she is waking up and he keeps on moving around throughout the day. It is the strangest, most wonderful, feeling ever. Magic Man got to feel Niblet move for the first time the other day and I could tell it was an awesome moment for him as well.
5. I have been blown away by people's generosity once they found out I was pregnant. The baby already has some outfits and booties as well as a blanket, a lunch box, a Halloween costume, and a book of bedtime stories just to name a few items given to us. People love babies and people love buying stuff for babies. I am more than willing to accept any and all gifts as I know that when the kid is 7 no one will want to buy him or her a new wardrobe the way they do now.
6. As much as people want to give you "things" they also want to give you advice. Unsolicited. I'm down with hearing about what your pregnancy was like as long as it's not too gross (this is all taking place in a uterus after all) but the advice from people who have never been pregnant or had any training in obstetrics or doula-ism (whatever it's called) blows my mind. One of the more popular phrases in my vocabulary these days is "I'll talk to my doctor about that." (I probably won't.)
7. To book end with number one, I am equally amazed at how fast my hair grows right now. I have been trying to grow my hair out for months because I am a chronic hair cutter. I get bored I cut my hair. I get depressed I cut my hair. I wake up on my left side and I cut my hair. Thanks to Niblet it's been a whole lot easier to just let my hair grow because it does so like Jeff Gordon. When I told a friend this she said "Man, if you had known that would happen you would have gotten pregnant a long time ago."
Happy Wednesday to everyone from me and Niblet!